Weglot Affiliate Program Terms of Service Agreement
This agreement contains the complete terms of service and conditions that apply to your participation as a member of the Weglot Affiliate Program. Please read it carefully before applying.
1. Approval or Rejection of the Application
We reserve the right to approve or reject ANY Affiliate Program Application in our sole and absolute discretion.
We may cancel your application if we determine that your site is unsuitable for our Program.
You will have no legal recourse against us for the rejection of your Affiliate Program Application.
2. Commissions and Payout
Commissions will be paid once a month, the 20th of the month following the transaction (or the next closest business day). For an Affiliate to receive a commission, the referred account must remain active for a minimum of 30 days.
You cannot refer yourself, and you will not receive a commission on your own accounts. There is also a limit of one commission per referral. If someone clicks the link on your site and orders multiple accounts, then you will receive a commission on the first order only.
Payments will only be sent for transactions that have been successfully completed. Transactions that result in chargebacks or refunds will not be paid out.
Your affiliate application and status in the Program may be suspended or terminated for any of the following reasons:
- Inappropriate advertisements (false claims, misleading hyperlinks, etc.).
- Spamming (mass email, mass newsgroup posting, etc.).
- Advertising on sites containing or promoting illegal activities.
- Failure to disclose the affiliate relationship for any promotion that qualifies as an endorsement under existing Federal Trade Commission guidelines and regulations, or any applicable state laws.
- Violation of intellectual property rights. Weglot reserves the right to require license agreements from those who employ trademarks of Weglot in order to protect our intellectual property rights.
- Offering rebates, coupons, or
other formof promised kick-backs from your affiliate commission as an incentive. Self referrals, fraudulent transactions, suspected Affiliate fraud.
- In addition to the foregoing, Weglot reserves the right to terminate any Affiliate account at any time, for any violations of this Agreement or no reason.
Sites that contain content that could be classified as defamatory, harassing, harmful, obscene, racially objectionable, or unlawful.
Sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites.
4. Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for 60 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase Weglot, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one he originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser).
- The customer purchases after 60 days (because the cookie will expire).
5. Affiliate Links
You may use graphic and text links both on your website and within in your email messages. You may also advertise the Weglot site in online and offline classified ads, magazines, and newspapers.
You may use the graphics and text provided by us, or you may create your own as long as they are deemed appropriate according to the conditions.
Link may only be visually modified with our consent.
6. Refunded purchases
Referrals older than 15 days and in good standing will be included with each commission payout. If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason.
Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
7. Coupon and Deal Sites
Weglot may offer coupon to select affiliates. If you’re not pre-approved / assigned a branded coupon, then you’re not allowed to promote the coupon. Below are the terms that apply for any affiliate who is considering the promotion of our products in relation to a deal or coupon:
- Affiliates may not use misleading text on affiliate links, buttons or images to imply that anything besides currently authorized deals to the specific affiliate.
- Affiliates may not bid on Weglot Coupons, Weglot Discounts or other phrases implying coupons are available.
- Affiliates may not generate pop-ups, pop-unders, iframes, frames, or any other seen or unseen actions that set affiliate cookies unless the user has expressed a clear and explicit interest in activating a specific saving by clicking on a clearly marked link, button or image for that particular coupon or deal. Your link must send the visitor to the merchant site.
Usermust be able to see coupon/deal/savings information and details before an affiliate cookie is set (i.e. “click here to see coupons and open a window to merchant site” is NOT allowed).
- Affiliate sites may not have “Click for (or to see) Deal/Coupon” or any
variation,when there are no coupons or deals available, and the click opens the merchant site or sets a cookie. Affiliates with such text on the merchant landing page will be removed from the program immediately.
8. Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application.
This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote Weglot and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
9. Dormant affiliate accounts
An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period and will be then temporarily deactivated.
Weglot does encourage all of our affiliates to actively promote Weglot to keep earning referrals. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote Weglot, please let us know.
10. Terms of the Agreement
The term of this Agreement will begin upon our acceptance of your Affiliate Program application.
Weglot may modify the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time.
Weglot may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause.
Your continuing participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance of any change.