Translate your Jimdo website and make it multilingual
This article explains how to translate a Jimdo website to display different languages to your visitors.
If you want to translate your Jimdo website and make it multilingual it’s quite complex. There was no performing solutions. Actually, the Jimdo solution does not have an official solution to do it. So users generally recreate all the pages and articles in a translated language.
But it’s not very performing and it’s very time consuming.
So when we created Weglot, we wanted to make a simple solution to change that, to help all Jimdo users to get the translation and the multilingual feature to their Jimdo website.
- A quick and simple setup: you do not need to do any coding
- A solution designed for Jimdo: it makes sure your website is translated and it’s officially recommended by Jimdo itself
- An easy way to manage translations: automatic and manual translations, you control the content
- We have an expert support team: 100% dedicated to multilingual websites and we know Jimdo!
Before detailing the different steps to do that, you can see a real example of what a translated Jimdo website here with our demo.
Example of a translated Jimdo website
In the example, at the bottom right, you can see the language button to change the language from English to French.
Let’s start translating your Jimdo website.
Let’s go and translate your Jimdo website
1. Create an account on Weglot (~ 1 minute)
This account will be the place where you have all your translations and where you will manage them. Simply create a Weglot account here.
2. Install the Weglot library (~ 3 minutes)
It’s easy, you just need to do the following steps (also shown in the GIF below):
- Go to your Jimdo admin area, in Menu > Settings > Edit Head
- Paste the JS snippet provided that looks like the following with your actual API key instead of the placeholder “YOUR_API_KEY”
- Click on save
3. You are done!
Finished! If you go to your website, you’ll now see the language button appear at the very bottom right. You can try to change the language and you will see your translated website.